Monday, August 17, 2009

My Birthday Day

Yesterday, at my birthday dinner with the family my mom asked me what I was doing for my birthday. I told her, "Working, and then working." I expected it to be a mostly normal day since I had to be at school. Instead it turned out to be a really great day. My students are great anyway, but they were really sweet today. My NHS and AP students made me a large banner that they all signed. It took them all day to gather the signatures. It is hanging on the wall by my desk. In the middle of my Cell Membrane lecture in my AP class, the whole class passed the word and broke out into the birthday song. One of my students made me a card with really sweet note in it that is now on my "When I wonder why I became a teacher wall, this is why I do it" wall. It was really quite touching. Then Maggie, my friend and colleague, refused to let me spend my birthday grading papers into all hours of the night, and took me to Chili's for dinner. Now I am going to hang out at home and read, something I have been looking forward to all day. Yep, it has been a pretty good day.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Love it! I'm so glad you had a great day!

Mormon Bachelor Pad said...

What are you gonna read? Twilight again? You should go buy some toilet paper and go TP someone's house that you have a crush on. Just for "old time's" sake.

Living the Dream said...

No thank you. Reading Twilight once was more than enough for me. Probably wouldn't have read it that many times had I not been invited to a discussion group about it and felt obligated to at least skim it.