Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My 6-Day Weekend

So the question has been posed, "What did you do with your time off?" So in an effort to let you see that I am, in fact, a productive person let me start at the beginning.

After I arrived at the "Emergency" faculty meeting at 7:30 Friday morning, I spent an hour listening to my colleagues panicking and coming down with the symptoms of heavy metal poisoning. Of course, none them actually had it, but the mind does play dirty little tricks on us. I then had lunch with Mom, and took a 3 hour nap. About 9:00 that night I had a fit of motivation and proceeded to do a complete (and long over due) overhaul of my apartment. It is only 300 sq ft so it only took 4 hours to do the front half (the bathroom and closet are this weekend's project). I was in bed by one and up 7:00 to hike the hieroglyphics trail in the Superstition Mountains with the mid-singles group in Scottsdale. There was, of course church on Sunday, followed by the Renaissance Fair on Monday and the Zoo on Tuesday. Needless to say, I now need a vacation from my "vacation".

AIMS (high graduation test) is in full swing now, and there isn't a teacher on campus who isn't feeling the pressure. Spring break can't come soon enough.

2 comments:

Kara said...

I think they need to come up with a new defintion of vacation. Maybe a specification between the things we do that wear us out and the restful activities.s

rymiembeal said...

I'm with Kara! Hey Leslie, you up for that assignment? Love ya,
Michelle