Thursday, October 4, 2007

Nascart 500

We learned today, that you should never give me keys to a beat down, half dead, ghetto-type golf cart any, and send me to do classroom runs with less than hour to complete the task. Why, because it take 3-4 hours to complete said runs, and when I am rushed I get careless. This evening, around 11:00 I was out with two of my guys taking care of the classrooms. We left some of our supplied in one of the rooms, so I went back for them. When I came out, I decided it was better to back the cart up to a wider area before turning around. I sped, in reverse, at a whopping 17 miles an hour, misjudged to curb location and high centered the very long, very heavy cart. Fortunately for me, 6 kind hearted freshman helped me lift and move the cart back onto the road. Unfortunately for me, 17 mph is enough to give you a nasty case of whiplash. I think I am in for a rough weekend. I am told, however, that this is not the worst incident to occur in one of the carts. Recently, one of the guys took out the windshield. I just beat up the curb and scuffed the undercarriage. Lucky me.

1 comment:

rymiembeal said...

Boy this story sounds familiar! Sounds like you have been wayyyy to busy! I hope all is well... oh, and when you find yourself needing something to do I need a few pictures of you..with or without friends..perhaps some of Oliver too.
Michelle